Halke Pholke Makhane
Makhanas, also called fox nuts, or lotus seeds, come from a plant called Euryale Fox which grows in the stagnant water of wetlands or ponds. They have been used in Chinese medicine since 3000 years and find an important place in the science of Ayurveda too.
The top five health benefits:
- 1. They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium
- 2. Beneficial in high BP & heart diseases
- 3. Recommended for diabetics
- 4. Are anti-ageing & repair damaged proteins
- 5. Are gluten-free and protein rich